::what to do where, what and when::
Obviously, given my last name, it is always a joy to show people around a city I have gotten to know over 20+ years and experience it through their eyes.
The best part about living here at this time in my life is that I still find so many new things to try and do. Recent examples include Bistro $3.50 happy hour, hiking at First Landing State Park, and Ten Top (still baffled that I never knew Ten Top existed until two weeks ago, but that’s a story for later).
Just to prove there are endless things yet to try, included on my “firsts to- do ASAP” list are trying Path, Norfolk’s St. Patrick’s Day parade, $.50 .75 (seriously they had to raise the price?), and buying a membership to Five Points summer CSA. See what did I tell ya.
Here’s a list of some of my favorite’s/tried and to-date [will do my best to update frequently]. For the best local news/happenings, check out Pilot Online, AltDaily, or FestEvents.
- Public House
- Tap House Grill
- Belmont (Wed Wings/Beer + Thurs Karaoke)
- Tortilla West
- Bistro (happy hour)
- Upie (Pre-kickball/ODU Bball)
- Scotty Quixx [hands down best dance spot DT]
- O’Sullivan’s (summertime specialty, cheap beer)
- NYCC Men’s Grill…what can I say, I love this cozy spot!
Bites & Eats
- Felini’s $$
- No Frill $$
- The Green Onion $$$
- The Boot (RIP)
- Charlie’s (both locations) $
- Ten Top $$
- Granby Street Pizza $
- D’Egg $
- Doumar’s (BBQ worthy, NC Style) $
- Pascha (love the Kale salad!) $$
- Azar’s (great lentil soup) $$
- Luna Maya (skip the Skinny Margarita, get the Guac) $$
- Dog ‘N Burger $
- 456 Fish $$$
- Chop House $$$
- Colley Cantina $$
- Bella Pizzeria $
- Taste Unlimited $$
- The Handsom Biscuit! It’s worth the hype $
- Serenity Spa $$
- Vy’s Nails $
- Changes $$$
- Anthony & Company $$$
- AMP $$
- Elite $$
Get’s your workout on
- DT Gym
- Meyer Fitness
- CrossFit 757
- The Space Above (Yoga)
- Lacey Lee Fitness
- Hot House Yoga
Comment me: what have I left off this list?